Last updated on June 14th 2017
- Information Smilebox Collects and Receives;
- How Smilebox Uses Your Information;
- Sharing Information with Third Parties;
- Third-Party Content;
- Social Networks;
- Cookies and Other Technologies;
- Data Retention;
- Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory;
- Information Security;
- Do Not Track;
- How to Contact Smilebox.
Information Smilebox Collects and Receives.
When you Use the Software & Services, we automatically collect and store the following types of information:
- Technical Information. Certain technical information regarding your device, and your Use of the Software & Services and other third party software and applications installed on your device (the "Other Software"), including the type, name and version of operating system and Other Software including, without limitation, their interactions with the Software & Services, ISP (Internet Service Provider), device type and version number, hardware version, location, Internet protocol (IP) address, anonymous user identifiers such as cookies and similar web technologies, device configuration and identifiers (IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers used in IOS), Advertising ID (Identifier for Advertisers used in Android) and the like), version of the Software & Services, and your configuration and settings of the device and the Software & Services, including language and time zone;
- Usage Information. Certain usage related information regarding your use and interaction with your device, including the Software & Services and Other Software, such as when and how you Use the Software & Services and Other Software, how you use your internet browser and internet search related applications, the web pages you visit, applications you use and the content you see, access and utilize on such web pages and applications; for example, offerings and advertisements that you view, use and access, how you use them and your response to them, (ie. clickstream data), how frequently you use them, your search queries and the time and date of your searches;
- Social Networks. Your interactions on social networks through the Software & Services;
- Registration and Transaction Related Information. Information you provide when you register for the Software & Services (if applicable), such as name, home or work addresses, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, birth date and gender, or when you a purchase a product a service such as credit card or other preferred means of payment (that we maintain in encrypted form on industry secure servers), billing or shipping information, or a history of products purchased through the Software & Services; and
- Support Related Information. If you communicate with us via our support section or via email, we may also collect your email address, name and any information voluntarily submitted by you in connection with such support (for example, your name, company name, and particular support query or request). Such information will only be used to provide you with support services and will not be connected with any other information collected from you on or through the Software & Services, including, any individual User ID (as defined below) generated or collected by us.
When you Use the Software & Services, we automatically generate an anonymous internal user ID which is assigned to your use of the Software & Services (the "User ID") and may be combined with any of the above information including data that may include personally identifiable information or personal data as such terms are defined under applicable laws (“PII”).
How Smilebox Uses Your Information.
Smilebox uses the information it collects for analytical, business and operational purposes in the following ways:
- to operate and update the Software & Services and provide you with existing and new functionality and features;
- to improve and customize the Software & Services;
- to provide you personalized content, including through the delivery of targeted interest-based advertisements from us or our partners;
- to monitor, analyze and optimize your use of the Software & Services, including analyzing seasonal and annual usage trends and providing certain technical and usage information to our business partners as part of the services we provide;
- to maintain and improve the quality and operation of the Software & Services;
- to detect SPAM, and fraudulent traffic and user activity;
- to notify you of Software & Services updates;
- to provide you with support and handle your complaints and/or feedback;
- to take any action in case of a dispute involving you in connection with the Software & Services;
- to enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the Software & Services and to prevent unlawful activities and misuse thereof; and
- to comply and satisfy any applicable law regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Upon your consent, we may use your email address to inform you about Software & Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements or special events regarding the Software & Services.
Sharing Information with Third Parties.
We may share with third parties the information collected in any of the following events:
- If we are required by law to disclose your information, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third party, as may be required (e.g., to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Smilebox's users, its partners, or the general public);
- In the event Smilebox goes through a business transition such as a merger or acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred;
In any case other than the above, we will not share your PII with third parties without your prior consent.
Certain Software & Services may include and/or enable you to add Content to them. The Content may be in the form of apps, buttons, gadgets, links to third party advertisements, websites, products and services (including search services) as well as additional means that are provided to you by third parties (collectively, "Third Party Content and Services"). The use of such Third Party Content and Services is subject to their privacy policies. In addition, Smilebox provides such third parties with a large number of tools to enable them to create interesting and unique presentations, slideshows, apps, buttons, and gadgets using the Smilebox platform. Some of these tools may give these third parties the ability to access, collect, store, and/or share your information – both your PII and non-personally identifiable information. In order to clarify, we do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third Party Content and Services and your access to any Third Party Content and Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the information contained and/or made available through, the practices of, or your use or inability to use such Third Party Content and Services. You expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of such Third Party Content and Services. We recommended that you read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of such Third Party Content and Services before using or accessing any of them.
Third Party Advertisers, Cookies and Other Technologies.
As indicated above, the Software & Services uses advertisers, ad networks and various ad platforms and exchanges, and other technology vendors, to provide, and monitor and analyze your use of, the Software & Services, including advertising. In doing so, we may collect or allow such third parties to collect, through blocks of code called “pixels” or “web beacons”, certain information about you and send it to our servers and to our partners (either directly or indirectly). We or our partners, may package all or part of this information into small text files called Cookies and send the Cookie to your computer. As an example, Cookies may store search queries made through the Software & Services, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Software & Services, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Software & Services.
Such Cookies and other technologies allow us and our partners to recognize you on your next use of, access or visit to the Software & Services, or on your visits or access to our partner’s network (i.e. sites and services outside of Smilebox).To find out more about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see http://www.aboutads.info , and to opt-out of such advertising networks' and services' advertising practices, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- facilitate and enhance your interaction and activities with the Software & Services;
- help Smilebox learn how you Use the Software & Services, what parts are most attractive and interesting to you, and what kind of offers you like to see;
- provide you with personalized content which may include interest-based information, online ads or other marketing materials on or through the Software & Services and on third party websites and properties;
- analyze the information collected from you and help manage and optimize the Software & Services;
- track and measure various performance and demographic parameters of advertising campaigns including without limitation, analyzing which ads your browser has loaded, which site pages you may have been viewing when the ads were delivered or accessed and your interaction with the ad.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Software & Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
In addition, some of our products may include advertisements from Microsoft. To learn more about information collected by Microsoft, please click here. You can opt-out of Microsoft's personalized advertising services by following the instructions found here.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI site and DAA site.
By using the Software & Services, you affirmatively consent to the collection of information and Cookies as described above.
The Software & Services are not intended for users under the age of 18. Notwithstanding, we do not knowingly collect, use, share or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13 in the United States, or under the age of 16 in the European Union. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage, so that we can verify that minors under these respective ages of consent (as applicable based on the geographic location) are not using the Software & Services.
We advise parents and guardians to regularly monitor their children's use of email and other online communications and activities. Control tools that create a safer online environment for children are available from third party online services and software providers.
In the event that it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of consent set forth above is using the Smilebox Software, we will prohibit and block such a user from accessing the Software & Services and will make all efforts to promptly delete any PII with regard to such user, as applicable.
In addition, you may request to receive the PII we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit that PII to any third party you wish. Where technically feasible, we can also transmit your PII to such third party upon your written request.
In all such cases, we may require that you provide us with additional information to verify your identity and any third party recipients of your PII based on your written request.
Information Obtained from Other Companies.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory.
We implement measures to secure your PII that we collect in order to minimize the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute information security. Therefore, although we make efforts to secure your PII, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Software & Services and its databases are immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unauthorized interceptions, access or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Do Not Track.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the "DNT Feature"); the DNT Feature, when enabled on a web browser, signals the websites you visit that you do not want certain information about your visit collected. As the Internet industry is in the process of defining how to interpret signals sent by the DNT Features, Trovi does not currently respond or recognize DNT Feature signals.
If you have any complaints on our processing of your PII or if you believe that we have breached our own privacy policies or applicable law, we encourage you to contact us. However, please note that applicable EU data protection laws provide you with a right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority as well.
Notice to Californian Residents – Your California Privacy Rights.
California residents who provide us with certain types of personal information (as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law)) are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. To make such a request, please contact us through the email or physical address under the “How to Contact Smilebox” section below.
When making such a request, please ensure that you write in the subject line and the body of your message “Request for California Privacy Information”.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by California’s “Shine the Light” law.
How to Contact Smilebox.
C/- Perion Network Ltd.
26 HaRokmim Street, Azrieli Center 1
Last Updated: June 14th 2017